Practical and efficient: Sustainable promotional items and merchandising as an integral part of the modern marketing strategy
Author: House of Eden
Promotional items are playing an increasingly important role in modern marketing. Promotional items as marketing tools are everyday items with an advertising message or logo. They serve as goodies with a purchase or are given out as free gifts to potential customers. Sustainable giveaways enable the company to deliver the advertising message efficiently within a short period of time.
Promotional items ensure direct contact between the target audience and the brand. Through the regular use of these products in everyday life, the advertising message is integrated directly into the recipient's environment and remains present there for a longer period of time. This benefits the positive perception of the brand: Humans tend to perceive things as more positive when we see them more often.
Promotional gifts also increase the impact and reach of the brand. People also tend to have a positive impression of something useful or pleasant. Giving such a product as a gift is an effective marketing strategy.
Why should you rely on sustainable promotional items?
- Reduced Co2 emissions:Sustainable merchandise helps reduce the ecological footprint. They allow companies to communicate their environmental protection efforts, which is positively perceived by environmentally conscious consumers and stakeholders.
- Image improvement: Sustainable giveaways items also have a positive impact on the brand image and the credibility of the company. More and more consumers are paying attention sustainable companies and social responsibility. With sustainable promotional items you can bind these consumers more closely to your company.
- Longer durability: Due to their higher quality, sustainable promotional products have a longer life than cheap disposable products. This means that the logo and the article remain in use longer and are therefore noticed more often by consumers. This can be particularly effective.
- Positive word of mouth: The high quality, environmental friendliness and appropriate design of sustainable promotional items can lead to people speaking positively about the items and therefore also about the company. This can increase the reach and awareness of the brand.
Sustainable promotional items are a great way to promote your business while making a positive contribution to environmental protection. Here are some ideas for sustainable promotional items:
20 ideas for sustainable promotional items and giveaways
1. Environmentally friendly cosmetic products
Cosmetic samples can be given in recyclable containers or compostable packaging. With a beautiful soap you can even have no packaging at all.
2. Print cotton bags:
Cotton bags are reusable, durable and made compared to disposable plastic bags environmentally friendly textile. With your logo, it is a walking advertising poster.
3. Drinking bottles:
Sustainable drinking bottles are also ideal as sustainable merchandise items. Many people use their drinking bottle constantly and everywhere. This means the advertising message is carried to numerous places.
4. Seed packets
Seed bags contain seeds that customers put in the Gardens or balconies. This strengthens and protects biodiversity and enriches the local flora.
5. Ballpoint pen
Ballpoint pens have been the most popular promotional gifts for years. Sustainable ballpoint pens are biodegradable or made from recycled or upcycled materials and filled with environmentally friendly ink.
6. Beeswax wraps
Instead of using plastic wrap to keep food fresh, more and more people are turning to beeswax wraps. The cloth made of beeswax, cotton and resin can even be printed with your own logo.
Sustainable notepads are made from recycled paper or FSC-certified paper. Notepads are versatile and can be used for a longer period of time.
8. Bamboo or stainless steel straws
Instead of single-use plastic straws, you can add your logo to reusable drinking straws made of bamboo or stainless steel.
9. Cups and mugs made from bamboo or cornstarch
These sustainable promotional gifts are a great alternative to single-use plastic cups and can be printed with your logo.
10. Sustainable backpacks and laptop bags
Offer sustainable backpacks and laptop bags made from environmentally friendly materials, such as recycled plastic.
11. Solar powered chargers
Solar chargers for cell phones or other electronic devices are environmentally friendly and extremely practical.
12. Upcycled products
Use recycled materials to create unique promotional items such as bags, keychains or jewelry.
13. Edible fair trade products
Support fair trade products such as coffee, chocolate or tea and brand them with your logo. Provide edible items such as organic tea, honey or spices in eco-friendly packaging.
14. Sustainable clothing
Print t-shirts, polo shirts or sweatshirts made from organic cotton or recycled materials.
15. Bee-Friendly Seed Balls
These little balls contain seeds that help attract bees and other pollinators.
16. Eco-friendly USB sticks
Choose USB sticks made from wood or recycled plastic for digital promotional items.
17. Foldable water bottles
These cool water bottles take up little space and are ideal for sports or on the go.
18. Stainless steel food containers
These sustainable promotional gifts are reusable and a sustainable alternative to plastic containers.
19. Wooden or bamboo clocks
Stylish watches made from sustainable materials are a unique promotional gift.
20. Sustainable calendars
Make annual calendars from recycled paper and print them with your logo.
Tip: Of course, you need to be careful when choosing promotional items: It is particularly important to pay attention to the target group and choose the right product for them. Remember that it is important that the sustainability of your promotional products is credible. Make sure the products are actually made in an environmentally friendly way and support your brand's message.
Sustainable promotional items as an environmentally friendly ambassador for your brand
In a digitalized world, competition and the associated advertising landscape of companies are becoming ever greater. Sustainable, innovative and tasteful promotional items ensure that you stand out from the crowd and are noticed more often by potential customers.