Furnishing ideas that combine functionality and beauty. We show trends and inspiration for modern interiors 2021
Author: Sarah Marie Lau
The Set up the apartment and questions about the essentials are experiencing a boom due to the Corona restriction. The use of private interiors and the need for functionality, clarity and beauty are increasing. At the same time, new trends have established themselves in furnishings. We are therefore showing the most beautiful furnishing ideas for 2021.
Furnishing ideas and interior trends 2021
- Naturalness in Materials used: ECONYL®, organic acetate, organic nylon and recycled polyester as well as color language
- zero waste Decoration
- Individuality instead of a passing trend
- Zero waste bathroom
- The Kitchen as the center of life
- The home office in the spotlight
- The bedroom as a recreational sanctuary
1. Naturalness in materials and color language
Linen, wickerwork, pampas grass, olive wood, heavily textured earthenware or Solid timber - High-quality materials go a long way and also ensure greater sustainability thanks to their inventory value. The need for nature is also evident in the calm and neutral colors that remain in vogue.
Source & Copyright by Form & Refine
2. Zero waste decoration
Whether in the bathroom or in the kitchen - zero waste items are sustainable and usually extremely aesthetic. The natural materials shine in a minimalist aesthetic that will become a highlight in every household. Find insider tips from Zero Waste Influencers here
3. Individuality instead of megatrends
There is no longer just one prevailing furnishing trend. A new, very conscious approach to individuality means that perfection and flaws coexist. Old concepts like Mottainai, Wabi Sabi and Minimalism experience meaning and develop into new furnishing ideas. Trends like vintage and modern can coexist. Nothing is mutually exclusive anymore. This leads to exciting contrasts and creates an individual expression through the new combination of fresh looks.
4. Cocooning is experiencing a new dimension
Boundaries blur or dissolve completely. What was never thought possible before is now commonplace. The corona crisis has brought change to fruition: This is inevitably also expressed in everyday life and home furnishings. Feeling comfortable at home therefore becomes a priority. Technology is not only becoming more and more a matter of course for millienials, from which a new need for beautiful and smart solutions for the home is developing. More about cocooning: Cocooning 3.0 When the inside becomes the outside
5. Zero waste is finding its way into the bathroom
At first glance, zero waste as a sustainability concept is often not that easy to implement. This is particularly evident in the bathroom. But here, too, there are clever and beautiful solutions for a clear conscience. We have summarized the best tips here: Zero waste bathroom - oasis of well-being in the name of sustainability
TEAM DR JOSEPH Zero Waste - Hand Wash
6. The kitchen: the center of life instead of a workspace
We all suspected it for a long time - the best parties end in the kitchen and cooking has long been stylized as a high-end hobby - to the delight of every foodie lover. Cooking itself has developed into a social community experience, which is why kitchens are courageously designed to be more open. What is also expressed in the new bold mix of materials, the golden sink becomes a color accent and the kitchen worktop can look forward to a high-quality stoneware upgrade. You can find the most beautiful kitchen trends here
Source & Copyright by Steininger design
7. The home office moves from the hidden back room into the spotlight
Be it stylish order aids, high-quality office tools that last a lifetime, sustainably mined crystals, art inspired by nature or stylish office furniture in Nordic design. The home office has become emancipated and has become a representative design eye-catcher.
8. The bedroom becomes a mindful recreational sanctuary
A deliberately minimalist bedroom ensures the necessary focus on the essentials. Good sleep has a positive effect on health, well-being and performance. Earthy tones and natural materials have a particularly calming effect. Click here find sustainable brands for your personal relaxation sanctuary.
Interior inspiration: We Do Wood
The Danish furnishing brand was founded in 2011. With the guiding principle of combining Scandinavian design with strict, sustainable practices. The support of the circular economy is at the center of the eco-friendly philosophy and runs along the entire supply chain. Zero waste & chemicals, recycling & upcycling and philanthropy are a matter of course for We Do Wood. Our top 8 furnishing ideas can not only be implemented in the proper style, but also with a clear conscience - for people and the environment.
Implement new furnishing ideas in 3 steps:
- Collect inspiration and develop the vision: The first step in furnishing is to define the feeling that the room should exude. Based on this feeling, you can then go on a hunt for inspiration. Once the vision has been developed and the style defined, implementation becomes much easier.
- Know needs and requirements: What are the given challenges of the current facility, what should be improved and what can be simplified? Those who take the time to answer these questions will maximize the feel-good result of the new home furnishings.
- Plan functionality and implementation: Planning functionalities - we know from kitchen planning, but also in small rooms and rooms that should feel particularly good, it makes sense to question the current functionality, to compare it with everyday needs and to implement functional improvements in the home furnishings.