Natural cosmetics are the solution for impure skin in adulthood - everything to do with ingredients, care routines and conscious brands
Source & Copyright by Team Dr. Joseph
Author: House of Eden
- Impure skin can occur at any age - and can also be successfully treated
- 5 step care routines for a healthier complexion
- Ingredients and brands for healthy, mature skin
Impure skin in adulthood
Blemished skin, including acne, occurs when inflammation in the skin causes its pores to become clogged. The visible consequences include blackheads, pimples, papules or pustules. Contrary to popular belief, however, this is not a phenomenon specific to teenagers, which only moves into the past as a result of growing up. "The end of puberty does not automatically mean the beginning of an even complexion. One in four women between the ages of 25 and 45 has blemishes," says Dr. Hauschka.
Various factors can also contribute to impure skin in adults. These include hormonal changes or disorders, for example caused by the menstrual cycle or polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). But stress, unconscious nutrition, taking certain medications, environmental pollution and inadequate care can also affect the appearance of the skin.
In fact, it's not as if skin becomes more resilient with age. On the contrary: Especially mature, already stressed skin should be treated with caution and appropriately. It is recommended for the most part, if not exclusively, to rely on natural cosmetics.
What is natural cosmetics?
Natural cosmetics describes products from the areas of skin and hair care as well as cosmetics, which mainly consist of natural ingredients. This means that they contain neither synthetic nor chemical additives that attack the skin's health and its natural resistance. Key word: overcare. As is so often the case in the beauty sector, less is more.
Instead of toxic ingredients, natural cosmetics are based on plant extracts, essential oils and natural butters. In order to protect both the skin and the environment, these should come from controlled organic cultivation and in their production ressourcenschonend .
Can natural cosmetics help with impure skin?
Yes: The use of natural cosmetics can have a positive effect on the complexion. This is because conventional skin care products contain potentially irritating ingredients such as artificial fragrances, parabens, silicones and sulfates. In some people, this can even lead to irritation or a worsening of the skin's appearance.
There are many natural ingredients that help treat impure skin. When buying from natural cosmetic products it is nevertheless important to know your own skin type and to adjust the choice of a product to it. Every skin is individual and reacts differently to different ingredients.
What care does blemished skin need?
Impure skin requires special care. It has to regulate sebum production, clear pores and thus reduce inflammation. With the right know-how, however, this task is easy to master. And after some time and visible results, it's even really fun. These steps are essential to achieve this:
The first step to clearer skin is regular cleansing. Ideally twice a day - in the morning and in the evening - with a mild and pH-neutral cleaning agent. This removes excess oil, dirt and bacteria from the skin. The wash itself should be gentle, without excessive scrubbing. This can further irritate the skin.
A juice scrub helps to remove dead skin cells and thereby unclog pores. Impure skin can thus be treated preventively. Here, too, it is always important not to use an overly aggressive product in order to avoid irritation.
Even if impure skin often appears oily at first glance, it still needs moisture. Moisturizing creams for impure skin should have a light texture so as not to further clog the pores. This includes non-comedogenic products.
The everyday beauty secret against wrinkles can actually counteract impure skin. Because acne medications increase skin sensitivity to sunlight in many cases, a sunscreen Recommended with at least SPF 30 to protect the skin from harmful UV rays.
Healthy diet and lifestyle
Perfect care of the skin sometimes also includes a healthy diet and a health friendly lifestyle. Eating a balanced diet with plenty of fruit and vegetables and drinking enough fluids will help improve skin health. It is also important to reduce stress and get enough sleep. Stress and lack of sleep can also have a negative effect on the skin.
Which care routine is suitable for demanding skin?
Impure skin will not improve overnight. Patience is key. And a constant grooming routine. Those who follow these ritually can achieve long-term sustainable results. Even if this is a challenge or adjustment at first, a few tips will help you get used to it quickly. For example, dividing the routine into mornings and evenings:
5 step care routine in the morning
- Facial cleansing: Clean your face with a mild natural cosmetics-certified agent. This allows you to remove any excess oil, dirt or residue from the products you used overnight.
- toning: Use a natural facial tonerto clear your pores and thus prepare your skin for the following steps.
- Moisturizing care with SPF: Apply a light moisturizer with a broad spectrum sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 30. This protects your skin from harmful UV rays while preventing further damage and breakouts.
- Put on make-up: If you are Make-up choose natural products that are non-comedogenic. This avoids additional irritation of the skin or clogging of the pores.
- Keep hands away: The fifth step of the morning routine actually relates to the whole day. Since your hands come into contact with various germs and bacteria, it is best to avoid touching your face as much as possible.
5 step care routine in the evening
- Remove makeup: Thoroughly remove your makeup with a mild cleanser or lotion. Make sure all traces of makeup are completely removed. Make-up residue quickly clogs pores, causing pimples to form.
- Facial cleansing: Clean your face with a mild, pH-neutral cleanser that is specifically designed for blemished skin or acne. Massage it gently into the skin and then rinse off thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Topical Acne Remedy: Apply an acne remedy with ingredients like benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid to the affected areas. Follow the product's instructions and then leave it on overnight.
- Moisturizer: Apply a light, non-comedogenic moisturizer on to keep your skin hydrated while reducing breakouts. Choose a formula that is specifically recommended for blemished skin or acne.
- Spot treatment: In the case of individual pimples or inflammation, you can then carry out a spot treatment with an acne gel or acne cream. This speeds up skin healing and reduces inflammation.
Which ingredients combat impure skin?
Natural cosmetics can contain a variety of ingredients that can help treat acne and blemished skin:
- Tea Tree Oil: Known for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It can help fight acne-causing bacteria and reduce inflammation.
- Aloe vera: A soothing ingredient that can reduce inflammation and heal the skin. It can also help reduce pimple scars.
- salicylic acid: A beta hydroxy acid (BHA) found in many acne products. It helps to remove dead skin cells, thus clearing pores and reducing the appearance of blackheads and pimples.
- Green tea: Contains antioxidants which have anti-inflammatory properties and can therefore help to soothe and clarify the skin.
- Chamomile: Has a calming and anti-inflammatory effect. It can help reduce redness while soothing the skin.
- Lavender Oil: Has soothing properties and may help reduce inflammation and speed up acne healing.
Top 5 natural cosmetics brands for impure skin of all ages
- team dr Joseph
- Dr. Hauschka
- nkm studio
1st team dr Joseph
team dr In addition to being a B Corporation, Joseph is certified carbon neutral by Climate Partner and plastic neutral by Plastic Bank. All formulas are based on nature's finest raw materials and are refined by a top-class team of skincare experts, biologists and cosmetologists in Italy using biotechnological processes. Skin-friendly, natural, not tested on animals and based on selected raw materials from organic farming.
Source & Copyright by Team Dr. Joseph
The set is based on soothing and clarifying active ingredients for impure skin. The effect: the skin's own sebum gently drains away without clogging the pores. More precisely, the pH-neutral washing gel cleanses the sebaceous glands and flushes away dead skin cells. At the same time, it prevents acne bacteria from settling in the pores and causing inflammation. The highly effective Deep Purifying Serum complements this effect as it calms the overactive sebum production caused by beard ringworm, comfrey and glycolic acid.
2. Dr. Hauschka
dr Hauschka has stood for NATRUE-certified, effective natural cosmetics since 1967. This contains 0% mineral oils, silicones, PEG and synthetic preservatives. Around 500 100% natural raw materials such as medicinal plants, vegetable and essential oils and waxes, from which the traditional brand draws its recipes. 80% of this comes from organic cultivation, which is sometimes initiated by our own projects and in the future will increasingly be converted to Demeter - biological-dynamic cultivation.
Source & Copyright by Dr. Hauschka
The face wash cream, cleansing balm and face tonic from the Clean Beauty brand are the perfect combination for caring for impure, mature skin. Thanks to its herbal composition, the cleansing cream invigorates and clarifies the skin mildly and refines pores. The cleansing balm then thoroughly removes dirt and make-up while preserving the skin's own oil and moisture balance. Finally, the tonic balances out excessive sebum production and has a regulating effect on inflamed areas of the skin.
3. nkm studio
The family business stands for vegan natural cosmetics with the best active ingredients - but without fillers and additives. Raw materials are sourced with respect for local nature, which is traceable through a transparent supply chain. Worth noting: nkm is setting a new industry standard with a returnable bottle system. Together with regional partners, it returns empty product bottles to the recycling cycle. The result: a waste-free recycling system and certification as climate-neutral.
Source & Copyright by nkm Atelier
The brand offers a special care routine for impure skin. This set includes a mild cleanser, a clarifying power toner and an intensive oil. First, the cleanser gently removes make-up and cleans deep into the pores without damaging the skin's protective barrier. Then the toner gets rid of bacteria, yeast and fungi before the oil regulates excess sebum production to counteract hyperkeratosis.
Biomimetic - i.e. imitating nature - skin care made in Germany. The highly effective Venya care line was developed in close cooperation with cosmetologists and dermatologists. Based on its scientific findings, the beauty brand uses skin-identical high-tech active ingredients that sustainably promote and activate the skin's natural regeneration processes. And without emulsifiers, fragrances, dyes or other chemicals. The result: healthy aging for demanding skin over 30.
Source & Copyright by Venya
The regular use of the cleansing foam, the toner and the cream has been proven to lead to a changed complexion after just under a month. The reason for this is that they have a mild and caring effect, remove surfactants and dirt, strengthen the natural pH value and protective acid layer of the skin and provide intensive moisture.
5. Santa Verde
Santaverde offers organic cosmetics based on aloe vera. Almost all formulations are based on the sap of the plant instead of water - like most conventional cosmetic products. In addition, Santaverde can show the EU organic seal and the Nutrue seal.
Source & Copyright by Santaverde
The Pure product line offers soothing care for blemished skin. The line consists of five vegan products that have a sebum-regulating effect. Including the oil-free Pure Purifying Cleanser. This contains anti-irritant seaweed extract, rosemary hydrolate which stimulates blood circulation and salicylic acid, which gently dissolves calluses in order to prepare the skin for the next care steps.
Unique beauty in people = individuality in skin care
Every skin is different and reacts individually to different influences. Find your own skin care routine that suits you. In the case of severe or painful skin imperfections, it is also advisable to consult a dermatologist.